The Nordic Theory of Everything
To request Anu for a speaking engagement in the United States for a corporate or institutional event, please inquire via HarperCollins Speakers Bureau. For all other events please send an email to: contact at anupartanen dot com.
Anu frequently gives keynote talks and participates in panel discussions on the subjects of her book The Nordic Theory of Everything; topics include parental leaves, work-life balance, gender equality, education, health care, business innovation, and arts and culture, focusing on what the U.S. can learn from Nordic societies and what Nordic countries can learn from America.
For a list of scheduled and past appearances, please visit Anu’s Events page.
- Work-life Balance: How the Nordic Countries’ Approach to Parental Leaves, Part-Time Work, and Work-Life Balance Creates Independent Individuals, Happy Families and Productive Workplaces
- Education: How to Create Schools and Public Education that Support Both Equality and Excellence—Drawing on Lessons From Finland’s Education Miracle
- Health Care: Debunking Myths About Universal Health Care and Showing Its Benefits to Individuals, Businesses, and Societies
- Business and Innovation: Surprising Insights from the Nordic Region’s Dynamic High-Tech Companies: It’s Better for Business to Give Employees Paid Parental Leaves and Real Vacations, and to Let Them Leave Work at 5pm
- Gender Equality: How Men and Women, Dads and Moms, Can Flourish Both at Work and At Home: 21st-Century Lessons from the Most Gender-Equal Countries on Earth, the Nordic Nations
- Smart Government: How Governments Can Design Smart Policies to Support Citizens Instead of Limiting Them—The American View vs. Nordic Thinking
“Anu Partanen delivers a fact-filled, straight-talk perspective of the Finnish education system that is brimming with enthusiasm, optimism, and ideas for Americans. Her workshop at the 2012 Education Innovation Summit at Hathaway Brown School was one of the most sought-after sessions of the entire conference, drawing a standing room-only crowd and generating much discussion. Her presentation, ‘Excellence Through Equity: The Philosophy, Policy, and Practice Behind Finland’s Rise to Prominence as the West’s Reigning Education Superpower,’ was so popular that we decided to continue the conversation online after the summit, with Anu headlining a special live chat that brought people around the country together to learn about Finland’s approach to teaching young people. At the end of the chat, several participants remarked that Anu’s description and characterization of her native country’s system were ‘inspiring.’”
Director of Communication and Outreach
Hathaway Brown School
Shaker Heights, Ohio